Debt consolidation is a potential solution to those who are looking to get out of debt. But most people have questions about the process: how does this work? Is this the right choice for me? The key to all of this is making sure you have the correct information to make an informed decision that is best for you so that you can clear out your debts in the most effective way possible.
So here’s a few ways that debt consolidation can help you.
- Relief from high Interest rates
There are a lot of different types of debt that individuals face and for the most part, the interest rates range anywhere from 16-25% or more. When you face higher interest rates, your debt tends to grow at a faster rate. A debt consolidation loan can help reduce your interest rate along with having a rate that is a fixed so that your interest rate doesn’t increase when situations in the banking market change.
- Relief from high monthly payments
When people are dealing with a lot of debt, they tend to have higher monthly minimum payments as well. If you can’t make the minimum payment or even miss a payment, it can trigger an increase in interest rates and ding your credit as well. A consolidation loan has the ability to combine what you owe and make one lower monthly payment.
- Relief from multiple due dates
We’ve all confused a bill’s due date before. But when you have multiple debts and loans that are all due at different parts of the month, things can get even trickier. Missing a payment has a negative effect on your credit and can cost you money in the long run, so debt consolidation can make sense. Consolidating multiple loans and making just one payment will make things easier.
Now how your debt consolidation agreement will be structured will be determined by how much debt you have, your credit score, and your payment history. Those factors will determine you term lengths and your minimum payments. Sometimes, some individuals will find that debt consolidation isn’t their best option, but for most people, this is a wonderful solution for those looking to settle debt easy.read more
Cox Communications recently completely changed their channel locations, which means some users are still confused on where to find their favorite channels and need to quickly learn the new locations. The digital cable channels have been shifter into more genre-based groupings to “enhance the subscriber experience,” according to the director of product management for Cox, Bruce Berkinshaw.
New channels and viewing options have also been added, but the big focus is going to be on the shift of channels and how to find your favorite channels going forward.
The only people affected by these changes are subscribers to Cox digital cable. All of your normal standard definition (SD) channels will now be located between Channel 1 and Channel 999 with the high definition (HD) channels now located in the 1000’s. For example, if your local news channel is on Channel 5, the HD variation will now be on Channel 1005. The programming will be identical, outside of the video quality. Analog channels from Cox Communications will be unaffected by these changes, but later in 2015 those channels will be moved to digital only.
Cox Cable customers won’t need to do anything to their televisions to accommodate these changes, as everything is handled through your Cox Cable digital receiver.
The new channel groupings for Cox Cable are as follows:
- Entertainment channels (like USA Network): 1100 to 1152
- Life and Style (such as HGTV): 1160-1190
- Music (MTV, etc.): 1200-1235
- Kids and Teens (Kids Zone, etc.): 1240-1263
- Inspiration: 1290-1294
- Sports (ESPN, etc.): 1300-1446
- News and information: 1460-1482
- Movies: 1500–1539
- Premium channels: 1540–1599
- Pay-per-view: 1600–1699
- Latino: 1700–1799
- Radio: 1900–1989
Customers “favorites” settings on their presets should not be affected by the change, which could be a quick way to familiarize yourself with the new channel locations.
These changes obviously do not change anything dealing with Cox Cable internet. Click the link to order Cox Cable Internet.read more
When deciding your internet service provider, you often have multiple choices for the kind of service you can get in your area. In most cities you will have the choice of cable internet, DSL, dial-up and even satellite internet. Unless the other services are not available to you, both DSL and cable are better options than satellite internet, which is usually a last resort in many rural areas even though it has had significant improvements over the past few years.
When deciding what kind of internet service you want, these three facts about cable internet are important to know:
- Cable internet is faster than most alternatives in most areas of the country. With advances in internet technology, cable internet can now sometimes bring speeds of up to 60Mbps down and 5Mbps up, which can be up to 20x faster than standard DSL services and significantly faster than dial-up services.
- Cable internet provides an always-on connection. When your computer is turned on, your internet connection is on-line. There is no need to login or connect to the internet. You don’t need to worry about servers being busy, getting disconnected for being idle or because of an incoming phone call.
- The higher monthly cost of cable internet is typically offset with not needed another phone line so that service isn’t interrupted or by phone calls. A lot of DSL users have a separate phone line to avoid interference whereas with cable you get faster speeds without that inconvenience.
Cable internet options are becoming widely available in most areas of the country. If you’re looking for new internet service visit fastcableinternet.com.read more
Why Rural Areas Need Satellite Internet
Living in a rural area always comes with limited access to services readily available to people living in urban centers. Satellite Internet is one of the services that picks up the slack for others. The many bigger Internet providers that dominate metropolitan markets for Internet service simply don’t want to make the investment to bring service to rural areas. However, satellite Internet is available countrywide and ensures that all Americans have access to high speed Internet. Satellite internet service providers like Exede and Hughesnet offer fast download rates and high reliability. Without satellite Internet rural residents would not have:
– Access to important information and current events that is at the fingertips of those who are connected to the web.
– The ability to stream videos and music to their homes.
– A vast selection of stores to shop at.
– The ability to take care of errands, like banking and bill paying, from home.
– Ease in staying in touch with family and friends who live elsewhere.
– A way to easily and quickly share photos.
– Instant homework help for students.
– Impressive education opportunities.
– A treasure trove of up-to-date information on virtually any topic.
Satellite internet plays a major role not only in easing access to information but also ensuring that you remain up-to-date on what is happening in the world. Reliable online speed ensures you can quickly get the information you need without a wait. Businesses in rural areas need satellite Internet in order to compete in the global and local marketplace. By offering Internet access at your local establishment, you bring more customers in the door. By using it for your business, you save time and money when it comes to staying on top of bills and paperwork. It also gives you a wealth of opportunities to increase your customer base with affordable online marketing. With speedy satellite internet, you can update your website if you own one, as well as advertising your business to a larger population. Residents of rural areas need satellite Internet, almost as much as they need electricity and telephone services today. Fast Internet is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. Check out www.VSOD.net for more information on your choices.read more
Satellite TV has taken off in recent years becoming more and more popular every day. With people swapping their cable for satellite dishes, satellite companies are quickly winning the hearts of TV enthusiasts all around the world. This is especially true for the younger generations who are becoming more and more accustomed to HD and top of the line picture clarity. Satellites are placed well above the earth and the quality and possibilities are out of this world!
Satellite TV has been around for decades and has expanded its services and greatly improved. It consistently gets better all the time as it aims to compete with other TV services including online TV and movie services.
Perks of Satellite TV include:
- Variety is the favorite advantage amongst satellite subscribers. Satellite offers you up to 500 channels. News, entertainment, comedy, drama, music, children, sports programming and so much more is always on. The best part is these are just the categories. Satellite TV has multiple channels for each of these categories.
- Custom made service is what you get with satellite TV. You have the ability to customize your viewing experience. Why pay for what you don’t watch? You don’t have to if you subscribe to satellite service. You can pick and choose which and how many channels you want. For example, if you have kids, you might add some children’s programming. If you don’t have kids, you can choose channels that interest you.
- The price of satellite TV is notoriously cheaper than cable. While other TV services have significantly increased in price, Satellite has stayed about the same for years. You’re getting more channels and more options, for a lower price. It’s a win-win!
- Internet service can also be delivered by your satellite TV company. You can bundle the services for one low price.
- Picture quality from satellite TV is second to none. With high definition and digital picture and sound, your TV viewing experience will greatly be enhanced.
- A complimentary DVR (Digital Video Recorder) lets you record shows you don’t have time to watch, and watch them at a later time or date.
- Customer service is reported to be exceptional with satellite companies. Questions or concerns are addressed in a reasonable amount of time and quickly answered and corrected.
With reliable, value packed service at excellent rates, Satellite TV is the perfect television option for people who love courteous customer service and endless TV choices. Check out Satellite TV today!read more
CenturyLink is an exciting option in high speed Internet that currently serves more than 3 million residential subscribers throughout the nation. It is becoming an extremely popular choice for so many reasons. In fact we’ve found 14 reasons that CenturyLink is the ideal choice for your home Internet service.
- It brings reliable, high speed Internet to your home, so you don’t have to wait on dialup.
- CenturyLink is affordable, unlike many other Internet options in your area.
- You get a 30 day satisfaction guarantee so you can decide if it is truly the right option for you.
- You can choose from three different plans for the speed you want and need.
- You would have to send millions of emails, download hundreds of thousands of photos or watch thousands of shows online per month before you would exceed your extremely generous limit.
- You can game without worrying about lagtime.
- With CenturyLink, you get free access to TV watching online.
- No need to wait on installers, because you do it yourself in under 30 minutes.
- You get 24 hour customer service access.
- You can create a wireless network in your home with CenturyLink.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems.
- Internet security options are a part of the package.
- You don’t need to have home phone service in order to get high speed Internet from CenturyLink.
- If you want a home phone service, you can bundle your CenturyLink Internet with a CenturyLink land line for major savings on both.
As you can see, CenturyLink Internet from CenturyTelNet is a solid high speed Internet options with advantages that outweigh the competition in so many different ways. Make the change today and get the Internet service that users truly love!read more
Broadband Blue one of the only providers of an unlimited wireless internet service in the US has just launched an new unlimited satellite internet plan. The plan does allow for unlimited data usage but only for web browsing and email. Those who are heavy users of video, gaming and download a large amount will still need to look for a solution but at least this service is a step in the right direction.read more
Written By Roy David Farber
To folks that live in rural parts of the United States, having the latest smart TV’s, tablets, laptops, and other web-dependent products are nice, but it doesn’t mean anything if they are connected to an internet connection that cannot utilize them to the highest capacity.
Blue Fire Broadband offers satellite broadband that is faster than ever before. Yes, satellite internet has become more of a viable option for people who are looking for speed and reliability for their internet experience.
Blue Fire uses a next-generation communications satellite that allows for users to connect to faster than previously achieved, making satellite broadband internet a more reasonable choice. With 15Mbps download and up to 3Mbps upload speeds; Blue Fire becomes a more competitive option with DSL and cable options. The speed increases are more than 10 times faster than what was previously available (1.5 Mbps down, 256 Kbps up).
Blue Fire also offers a portable and wireless internet service that can literally be taken everywhere. The speeds for the wireless service offers up to 2Mbps download and 1Mbps upload speeds and a very healthy monthly data allowance. The beauty of this plan is that you can literally take the device with you anywhere. Going on a road trip or vacation? Take it with you. Leaving for a business trip and need to fire off some emails? Take the device with you. Blue Fire’s wireless device and service is super versatile.
Similarly to the wireless plans, the satellite broadband service does employ a data allowance. The satellite plans start at $39.99/month and offers a 40 GB data plan, which is perfect for streaming video on Netflix and YouTube, sharing pictures on Instagram, utilizing social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, and much more.
I had an opportunity to test out Blue Fire Broadband’s basic package over the span of a month at my house outside of Jacksonville, Florida. During the month testing period, I found that the connection speeds stayed pretty consistent to what was advertised. Random speed tests would range between 10 and 18Mbps (which is happening more often; receiving faster download speeds then advertised). I was able to stream movies and upload large files without any issues. I do enjoy online gaming, but because satellite technology really hasn’t been able to reduce latency issues (due to the whole data traveling from earth to satellite then back down to earth), I did not test that out. Also, I found that I only used about 25 GB of the data allowance, which is encouraging because most users won’t reach their cap.
So rural America, don’t fret. Blue Fire Broadband has the speeds to keep your computers browsing, smartphones tweeting, and smart TV’s streaming for you and your entire household. Satellite internet and wireless internet options are gaining traction because they are becoming viable options for users and with the new satellite technology facilitating bandwidth increases, folks can enjoy their high-tech products to the highest capacity.read more
A societal quest for energy-efficiency decimated indoor cell phone use. One Canadian communications company successfully captured the frustrating hilarity of office-bound mobile users in a 2008 commercial. Electronic bloggers and experts at Microsoft and the National Broadcasting Company (MSNBC) all concluded that construction gets in the way of making coherent cell phone calls.
A Common Scenario
Message boards across the web detail similar stories of cell phone users carrying on lively conversations while finishing their daily routines. Crisp, clear audio garbles after crossing building thresholds. In some cases the call completely drops. Devices previously displaying five bar reception teeters between zero and one. Verbal communication becomes a headache considering callers must remain in certain locales on the premises to maintain contact.
The answer to this common problem emerged long before cell phones came into existence. During the 1890s, a scientist discovered that wire mesh (Faraday cages) blocked electrical charge reception. This principal carries over into modern construction as buildings use metal cages to form the base for stucco and other materials. Structures optimize ventilation while effectively blocking electronic signals including cell phone receptors.
Standing by the window only works in certain cases. Energy-efficient units that keep ultraviolet (UV) rays out also block cell signals. Sometimes confined spaces reduce signal strength. Construction is a considerable issue but not the entire problem. Sometimes it boils down to frequently used household items.
Wires and circuit boxes create havoc with cell phone signals. Lights, televisions and other appliances that emit radiation cause massive interference with cellular phones. Protective coverings weaken over time, allowing trace elements to enter the environment.
The easiest solution involves sitting on the patio or other outdoor spaces for every call. Cell boosters work by allegedly attracting more cell tower reception to a particular locale or device. Units range from stickers placed directly on devices to freestanding indoor pieces. Some customers found great success with femtocells that route cell signals through the Internet for better service.
Efficient buildings ushered in an era of inefficient indoor cellular service. Additional equipment or all-weather gear assists users in handling an all too familiar problem. This time of technological creativity should make an inexpensive solution available to everyone.read more
Google seems to be good at every online service that they introduce to the marketplace. In the case of Google TV, though, the timing may not have been right. There was a need for a TV set that would work well with this online TV service and that just did not exist a year or more ago. Now the hardware has caught up with the software. LG Electronics, manufacturer of fine TV and other electronic devices has released their G2 Series, which is made to work with Google TV integrated and does not require an external box.
The G2 Television
This is an attractive and a very sleek flat panel set with a 55” screen, adequate for most medium sized viewing rooms. It sits atop a new style stand that is slender and adds to the overall look. The added feature of the Google TV interface puts this set in a price that is higher than some competitors, yet is still right around the thousand dollar range. Because the built in app has an Android base, the TV and your Android based Smartphone will work well together and will be able to use the same apps. Android phones have outsold the iPhone in the market of late, and that puts the G2 right on target.
The G2 TV has a WiFi receiver built in, so your home network can easily be accessed. There are numerous HDMI ports for other inputs, like your favorite gaming consoles, and Blu-Ray players. Picture quality is excellent, although the web streamed video images can sometimes leave a lot to be desired.
The Internet on TV
If you have experienced the excellent Google Chrome browser, you will like seeing it in action on the G2 TV. The advantage over Apple TV is that Flash is enabled, making some videos available that otherwise would be blocked or limited. The only real complaint is the black range of imaging is often a bit light, so in a bright room the picture may lack depth.
Overall, the quality will satisfy most users. The G2 chip makes the TV perfect for online gaming and is very suitable for the OnLive cloud-based gaming system. The TV becomes a client for this network gaming set up and requires no additional added software or hardware. The wireless OnLive remote is optional, and is a good choice however. OnLive recently announced that they would waive all monthly usage fees, so the gaming service has become even more attractive.
The best feature as rated by almost anyone who uses this TV is the “magic” remote. A fully featured remote with a Qwerty keyboard, it makes surfing the web easy for anyone and is a fine addition to the G2.
The LG home dashboard gives easy access to the features of this TV and makes navigating the web much easier. This TV can be likened to an extra large computer monitor with better sound and less operating system issues.
LG G2 TV and Google a combination that may start something that is almost new.read more